Ingredients (serves 8)
* 4 oranges
* 2 lemons
* 1 apple, unpeeled, core removed, diced
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 cup brandy
* 750ml bottle red wine (see note)
* 1/4 cup caster sugar
* 750ml bottle soft drink (lemonade, soda water or ginger ale)
1. Thinly slice 1 orange and 1 lemon. Cut each slice into small wedges and place in a large bowl. Add apple, cinnamon and brandy. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Juice remaining oranges and lemon. Combine 1 1/2 cups wine, 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, 1 1/2 cups soft drink, 1/4 cup orange juice and 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice in a jug. Add half the apple mixture. Stir to combine. Repeat with remaining ingredients in another jug.
3. Spoon crushed ice into 8 tall glasses. Pour over sangria. Serve.