* 2 lemons
* 1 (70cl) bottle inexpensive red wine
* 1 pint (600ml) water
* 8 cloves
* 1 stick cinnamon
* 2-4 oz (50-100g) caster sugar
* 4 tablespoons brandy or sherry
* lemon slices, to decorate
1. Thinly peel the zest from the lemons. Cut a few slices for decoration and leave on one side. Stand the remaining lemons, cut-side down, in a glass bowl and heat on full power for 2 minutes. Squeeze out the juice.
2. Add the lemon zest, wine, water, cloves and cinnamon to the lemon juice in the bowl. Cover with pierced clear film and heat on full power for 5 minutes. Stir in sugar to taste and leave to stand until required. It's best to leave the wine for at least an hour to give the flavours time to develop.
3. To serve, remove the lemon zest, cloves and cinnamon and stir in the brandy or sherry. Reheat on full power for 4-5 minutes and serve hot with slices of lemon floating on the top.
Power Level: Full
Cooking Time: 11-12 Minutes