* 1 onion, peeled and grated
* 450g (1 lb) lean minced beef
* 1 x 15ml spoon (1 tablespoon) bran
* 1 egg, size 3
* Salt and pepper
* 1 x 5ml spoon (1 teaspoon) Worcestershire sauce
* Pinch of mixed dried herbs
* 25g (1 oz) Stork margarine
* 1 medium-sized onion, peeled and chopped
* 2 x 15ml spoons (2 tablespoons) tomato puree
* 150ml (1/4 pint) water
* 1 x 15ml spoon (1 tablespoon) vinegar
* 1 x 15ml spoon (1 tablespoon) Worcestershire sauce
* 1 x 2.5ml spoon (1/2 teaspoon) salt
* 1 x 5ml spoon (1 teaspoon) dry mustard
* 2 x 15ml spoons (2 tablespoons) brown sugar
1. Mix the onion, beef, bran, egg and seasoning together.
2. Divide the mixture into eight portions and shape each into a round 1 cm (1/2 inch) thick.
3. Grease a frying pan with Stork and fry each hamburger over a moderate heat until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes on each side. Keep warm on a serving dish.
1. Melt Stork in a saucepan and fry onion over a moderate heat for 5 minutes.
2. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Pour sauce over hamburgers. Serve with mashed or boiled new potatoes and a green vegetable.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20-25 mins
Freezing note: Freeze hamburgers and sauce separately.
Hamburgers - prepare and cook as above
1. Melt the Stork in a microwave-proof bowl on HIGH for 30-45 seconds. Add onion. Cover with pierced 'Cling Film' and microwave on HIGH for 3-4 minutes until softened.
2. Add remaining ingredients and cook on HIGH for about 8 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.