* 25g (1 oz) Stork margarine
* 25g (1 oz) plain flour, sieved
* 1 small carrot, peeled and sliced
* 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
* 425ml (3/4 pint) stock
* Salt and pepper
1. Place Stork, flour and vegetables in a medium-sized saucepan. Fry gently for 5-10 minutes.
2. Add stock and seasoning. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
3. Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Strain through a sieve and season to taste.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
1. Place the Stork in a large bowl and microwave on HIGH for 30-45 seconds until melted.
2. Add the carrot and onion, cover and cook on HIGH for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the flour and cook on HIGH for 1 minute; stirring once.
4. Gradually add the stock and stir well. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring after every minute for the first 3 minutes. Season to taste.