* 50g (2 oz) Stork margarine
* 125g (4 oz) white or brown breadcrumbs
* 1 x 2.5ml spoon (1/2 teaspoon) mixed herbs or thyme
* 1 x 5ml spoon (1 teaspoon) chopped parsley
* Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
* Salt and pepper
* 1 egg and a little milk, beaten together
Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir together until well mixed.
Preparation time: 10 mins
For a richer stuffing add 50-75g (2-3 oz) chopped ham or lean bacon with a little grated nutmeg and powdered mace.
Variations for turkey
1. Stuff one end with sausage meat allowing 450g (1 lb) for up to 4.3kg (14 lb) bird and use Forcemeat at the other end.
2. Stuff with sausage meat, as in 1, and use Chestnut Stuffing at the other end.
3. Combine the sausage meat and 450g (1 lb) chestnuts (boiled, skinned and roughly chopped), 1 egg and plenty of seasoning. Use to stuff up to 4.3kg (14 lb) bird.