* 1 pound lean ground beef
* 1 onion, chopped
* 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
* 2 cups water
* 1 tablespoon dried oregano
* 2 teaspoons garlic powder
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 tablespoon white sugar
* 12 ounces cottage cheese
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 egg
* 9 lasagna noodles
* 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Fry beef until brown in a large skillet over medium heat. Discard exccesive grease. In another skillet over medium heat, cook onion until translucent. Combine beef and onion in a large saucepan with tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, water, oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper and sugar. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour.
2. While sauce is simmering, blend cottage cheese, Parmesan and egg until smooth. Set aside.
3. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
5. Spread 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover sauce with 3 noodles. Cover noodles with one-third of remaining sauce. Top with half the mozzarella. Place another layer of noodles and one of sauce over the mozzarella; top that with the cottage cheese mixture. Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining sauce.
6. Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top and bake 15 minutes more, until golden and bubbly.
Prep time 45 min
Cook time 1 hr 45 min
Ready in 2 hrs 30 min
Original recipe yield 1 - 9x13 inch lasagna