* 25g (1 oz) Stork margarine
* 125g (4 oz) self-raising wholemeal flour, sieved with
* 1 x 2.5ml spoon (1/2 teaspoon) baking powder and
* 1 x 2.5ml spoon (1/2 teaspoon) dry mustard and
* 1 x 2.5ml spoon (1/2 teaspoon) salt
* 1 medium-sized onion, peeled and grated
* 75g (3 oz) cheese, grated
* 1 x 2.5 ml spoon (1/2 teaspoon) mixed herbs
* 1 egg, size 3
* 1 x 15ml spoon (1 tablespoon) milk
* 4 tomatoes, peeled and sliced
* 1/2 x 2.5ml spoon (1/4 teaspoon) basil, oregano or mixed herbs
* 50g (2 oz) cheese, grated
* 1 x 57g (2 oz) can anchovy fillets drained, or strips of bacon
* 6-8 black or green olives
OVEN: Pre-heat to fairly hot (200°C, 400°F, Gas No. 6) SHELF: Second from top.
1. Grease a baking sheet.
2. Place all ingredients for scone base together in mixing bowl, mix with wooden spoon to form a dough.
3. Turn onto lightly-floured surface and knead lightly.
4. Shape into a flat round, 20-23cm (8-9 inches) in diameter and place on baking sheet.
5. Arrange sliced tomatoes on top.
6. Sprinkle with herbs and cheese. Arrange a lattice of anchovy fillets and olives on top.
7. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes.
8. Cut into slices and serve hot with a tossed green salad, or cold for a picnic.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20-25 mins