* 1 boneless short leg of lamb, rolled and tied (about 4 lb.)
* 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
* 2 cups plain yogurt
* Salt and Pepper
* 1/2 cup red wine
Not much to do before you start. Chop the rosemary and roll and tie the boneless leg of lamb unless you have your butcher do it for you.
1. Combine lamb, yogurt and rosemary in a large bowl and let marinate covered in the refrigerator.
2. Just prior to cooking, preheat oven to 475°F.
3. Remove lamb from marinade, season with salt and pepper, and place in your roasting pan.
4. Place roasting pan on your oven's middle rack, and cook for 10 minutes at 475°F.
5. Reduce heat to 400°F and continue cooking for another 40 minutes or until the roast reaches an internal temperature between 140°F - 150°F depending how you like it.
Deglaze pan and make gravy
1. Remove roast from pan and place on platter. Cover with tin foil to keep warm.
2. Tilt the pan to one side and spoon off the excess fat.
3. Place the roasting pan over medium heat, add wine, and bring to a boil.
4. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to release the brown pieces stuck to it.
5. Reduce the liquid by half and add any juices accumulated on the platter holding the roast.
6. If so desired, add a tab of butter for a little more richness.
Cut the lamb into 3/4 inch slices, plate with side dishes and serve with gravy on the side.