* 6 turkey escalopes, total weight about 750 g (1 1/2 lb)
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 teaspoon dried thyme
* 6 rashers of streaky bacon, rinded and halved lengthways
* 2 small green dessert apples, each cored and cut into 6 wedges
* 1 red or yellow pepper, cored, deseeded and cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) squares
* 1 green pepper, cored, deseeded and cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) squares
* 12 cherry tomatoes
* salt and pepper
* thyme sprigs, to garnish (optional)
1. Cut each turkey escalope crossways into 4 wide strips and place in a shallow dish. Add the paprika, oil, thyme and salt and pepper. Mix well to coat the turkey thoroughly. Cover and marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator or a cool place.
2. Fold the strips of turkey 2-3 times to form 2.5 cm (1 inch) squares. Wrap a piece of bacon around half of these turkey squares.
3. Oil 6 long kebab skewers and then thread 1 apple wedge on to each. Continue to assemble the skewers, alternating between bacon-wrapped turkey, plain turkey, peppers and cherry tomatoes, ending with an apple wedge.
4. Place the kebabs on an oiled grid over the hot coals of a preheated hot barbecue, or under a preheated hot grill, and cook for about 8-10 minutes, turning them over several times during cooking. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired, and serve hot with a rice salad.
Note: These kebabs can also be made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts.