* 2 garlic doves, crushed
* 2 rosemary sprigs, divided into short lengths
* 4 trout, about 250 g (8 oz) each, cleaned
* 6 tablespoons olive oil
* finely grated rind of 1/2 lemon
* 3 tablespoons lemon juice
* salt and pepper
* 16 pitted green olives
* 16 blanched almonds
1. Mix together the crushed garlic and rosemary and use to fill the body cavities of the trout. Lay the fish in a shallow dish.
2. Mix the olive oil with a little salt and pepper and the lemon rind and juice. Spoon evenly over the trout. Cover the fish and chill in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
3. Remove the trout from the marinade and drain, reserving the marinade. Place the fish on the oiled grid of a preheated barbecue and grill over the hot coals for 6 minutes. (You can use a fish clamp, if liked.) Brush the trout on both sides with the marinade and turn them over. Grill on the barbecue for a further 6 minutes or until the trout are cooked and tender.
4. Meanwhile, press an almond into each green olive, then roll the olives lightly in the remaining marinade. Arrange the cooked trout on a serving dish and garnish with the almond stuffed olives.