4 x 170 g/6 oz skinned smoked haddock fillets (30 Sins on Green)
freshly ground black pepper
142 ml / 1/4 pint skimmed milk (2 1/2 Sins)
113 g/4 oz very low fat natural fromage frais
2-3 tablespoons finely snipped chives
1. Put the smoked haddock fillets side by side in a large shallow frying pan. Pour the milk over the top, then set over a very low heat.
2. When the milk is simmering gently, cover the pan with a lid and leave for about 8 minutes, until the haddock is cooked and flakes easily.
3. Lift the cooked haddock out of the pan and transfer to a warm plate. Keep warm while you make the creamy sauce.
4. Stir the fromage frais into the milk in the pan and stir over a gentle heat for about 2 minutes, until blended and heated through.
5. Add a good sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper and the chives. Pour over the smoked haddock fillets and serve immediately with a fresh green vegetable, such as broccoli or green beans.
Tip: Use smoked haddock as a Healthy Extra and deduct 6 Sins per serving.