* 15g (1/2 oz) Stork margarine
* 4 chicken joints
* 1 onion, peeled and sliced
* 3 sticks celery, sliced
* 1 leek, sliced
* 50g (2 oz) mushrooms, sliced
* 1 x 15ml spoon (1 tablespoon) tomato puree
* 2 or 3 tomatoes, skinned and de-seeded
* 275ml (1/2 pint) cider or chicken stock
* 1 x 5ml spoon (1 teaspoon) dried mixed herbs or
* 1 x 15ml spoon (1 tablespoon) fresh chopped herbs
* Chopped parsley, to garnish
OVEN: Pre-heat to moderate (180°C, 350°F, Gas No. 4)
1. Melt Stork and brown chicken joints all over. Remove and place in an ovenproof dish.
2. Add onion and celery to pan and saute for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add leeks and mushrooms and saute for a further 1-2 minutes. Stir in tomato puree. Add to chicken in the casserole dish.
4. Cut each tomato into eight segments and place, with the herbs, over the chicken and vegetables.
5. Pour over cider or stock. Cover and cook in the pre-heated oven for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked and juices run clear.
6. Garnish sprinkled with chopped parsley, if wished.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr 10 mins