* 1 x 1.5 kg (3 lb) oven-ready chicken
* juice of 1/2 lemon
* bunch of mixed fresh herbs
* 7 quantity Barbecue Sauce
* salt and pepper
1. Wipe the chicken and rub the inside with the lemon juice. Season it well inside and out with salt and pepper. Stuff the bunch of herbs into the cavity of the chicken.
2. Insert the rotisserie spit carefully into the chicken, distributing the weight evenly. Brush the chicken with barbecue sauce and roast over hot coals on a preheated barbecue. Baste with the sauce several times during cooking for a crisp brown chicken. The exact cooking time will depend on the heat of the fire and the air temperature. The chicken is cooked when the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thickest part of the thigh.
3. Serve the chicken carved into slices with barbecued corn on the cob and baked potatoes. Heat any remaining barbecue sauce to serve separately with the chicken.