* 30g (1oz/6 teaspoons) butter
* 4 rashers bacon, rinds removed chopped
* 1 onion, finely chopped
* 1 clove garlic, crushed
* 375g (12oz) chicken livers, chopped
* 2 teaspoons plain flour
* 185 ml (6 fl oz / 3/4 cup) chicken stock
* 1 teaspoon tomato puree (paste)
* salt and pepper
* 1 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram
* 60 ml (2 floz / 1/4 cup) thick sour cream
* sprigs of marjoram, to garnish
1. In a saucepan, melt butter. Add bacon, onion and garlic. Cook until onion is soft.
2. Stir in chicken livers. Cook, stirring, until livers are no longer pink. Stir in flour.
3. Gradually stir in the chicken stock. Add tomato puree (paste), salt, pepper and marjoram. Cover. Cook gently for 10 minutes. Stir in cream. Serve in a sauceboat, garnished with sprigs of marjoram, or poured over pasta, such as rigatoni.