* 1 x 4.5 kg (9 lb) turkey, fresh or frozen
* 2 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
* 150 ml (1/4 pint) apple juice
* 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon ground all spice
1. If you are using a frozen turkey, you must ensure that it is completely thawed. Remove the giblets. Fill the cavity of the turkey with the chopped apples.
2. Place the turkey, breast-side upwards, on a rotisserie spit about 10 cm (4 inches) directly above the drip pan of the preheated barbecue and fix the clamps tightly. 3. Spit-roast the turkey for 20 minutes per 500 g (1 lb), or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 90°C (190°F). After the first hour of cooking, brush the turkey skin frequently with the apple juice. 4. When the bird is cooked through, scoop the apple filling into a bowl and beat well with the brown sugar and allspice until smooth. Serve the turkey carved into slices with the spiced apple in a separate bowl.