57 g/2 02 long-grain rice (10 Sins on Original)
1 x 397g/14oz can sweetcorn (24 1/2 Sins on Original)
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and finely diced
grated zest of 1/2 lemon or lime
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
salt and ground black pepper
1 egg, beaten (optional)
Fry Light for spraying
salsa and very low fat natural fromage frais, to serve
1. Cook the rice in boiling lightly salted water until tender but not mushy. Drain well and set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, drain the sweetcorn and reserve the liquid. Blend the corn kernels in a blender or food processor for a few seconds.
3. Transfer the pureed sweetcorn to a saucepan with the onion, red pepper and reserved sweetcorn liquid. Cover and simmer over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes, until the mixture is thick and the onion and pepper are softened.
4. Mix in the cooked rice, grated lemon or lime zest, chilli and coriander and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes and then divide the mixture into 8 portions. Shape each one into a round patty. If the mixture tends to fall apart, stir in a beaten egg to bind the ingredients together.
6. Spray the burgers on both sides with Fry Light and cook on a hot barbecue or under a preheated grill for 4-5 minutes each side, until crisp. Serve hot with salsa and a spoonful of very low fat natural fromage frais.