* 25g (1 oz) Stork margarine
* 1 medium-sized onion, peeled and chopped
* 6 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
* 225g (8 oz) brazil nuts, ground
* 175g (6 oz) fresh brown breadcrumbs
* 2 x 15ml spoons (2 tablespoons) rolled oats
* 4 x 15ml spoons (4 tablespoons) tomato juice
* 2 x 5ml spoons (2 teaspoons) basil
* 2 x 5ml spoons (2 teaspoons) thyme
* 1 x 5ml spoon (1 teaspoon) salt
* Hot cooked broccoli, to garnish
* Freshly ground black pepper
OVEN: Pre-heat to moderately hot (190°C, 375°F, GasNo.5)
1. Grease an 18cm (7 inch) diameter ring mould and lightly coat the inside with a few of the breadcrumbs. 2. Melt the Stork in a small pan over moderate heat and saute the onions until tender but not brown.
3. Place the onions in a large bowl together with all the other ingredients, except the broccoli and mix well.
4. Spoon the mixture into the ring mould and press down.
5. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 50-60 minutes.
6. Allow to cool slightly then turn out the nut ring by inverting onto the serving plate. Fill the centre with hot broccoli and serve.
Serve with Tomato Sauce.
Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 50 mins