1 kg/2 lb potatoes
200 ml/7 fl oz milk
50-75 g/2-3 oz butter
freshly ground pepper
Preparation. Peel the potatoes and cut into pieces. Cook with a pinch salt for about 25 minutes in just enough water to barely cover the potatoes.
• Heat the milk and butter in a saucepan. Drain the potatoes and leave to steam dry.
To serve. Finely mash the potatoes with a masher or press through a vegetable mill. Add the warm butter and milk and stir until smooth.
• Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Contains per serving: 1238 kJ/295 kcal.
6 g protein, 14 g fat, 36 g carbohydrate
* For extra flavour add 1 1/2 teaspoon fine mustard to the puree.
* Stir a tablespoon chopped chives or parsley into the puree.
* Substitute cream or sour cream for milk.