7oz (200g) caster sugar
7oz (200g) unsalted butter, softened
14oz (400g) plain flour, plus extra for dusting
1tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/2tsp vanilla sugar
Dark chocolate drops
With its delicious buttery flavor and sweetness, this shortbread cookies is impossible to resist. You can flavor it if you like, adding a handful of dark chocolate drops.
1. Line the tray with baking parchment.
2. Put the flour and baking powder into the bowl and mix together.
3. Put the butter, sugar, vanilla sugar and eggs into another large bowl, add the salt, and cream together, using an electric hand-held whisk or wooden spoon, until light and fluffy.
4. Sift the flour and baking powder into the large bowl and mix together until smoothly combined. Tip the mixture out onto a lightly floured surface and knead to a soft dough.
5. Roll out the dough to a thickness of 3-5 mm. Prick the dough all over with a fork and cut into triangles or whatever shapes you like. Re-roll the scraps once to cut more (if you re-roll too many times the dough may start to get greasy). Put the shortbreads on the prepared baking trays. Put the dark chocolate drops into the dough.
6. Meanwhile, heat your oven to 380 degrees F (180°C).
7. Bake the cookies for about 10-13 minutes, until just turning golden brown at the edges. Dust with sugar and leave to cool.