8oz (230g) plain flour
1/2tsp baking powder
9oz (250g) sugar
3 medium eggs
2oz (60g) butter
1tsp extract of vanillin
2 big lemon juice and zest
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Heat oven to 380 degrees F (180 degrees C). Prepare muffin cups.
Grease its bottoms
2. In a large bowl, combine all flour, soda, salt and baking powder; mix well.
3. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, butter, vanillin extract, lemon zest and lemon juice, blend well.
4. Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy.) Add the vegetable oil and mix.
4. Fill cups 2/3 full. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan. Serve warm.
5. Powdered sugar on top adds a hint of sweetness to each bite.