* 75g (3 oz) wholemeal flour
* 25g (1 oz) ground hazelnuts
* 50g (2 oz) Stork margarine
* 25g (1 oz) castor sugar
* 250g (8 oz) low fat soft cheese
* 50g (2 oz) castor sugar
* Grated rind of 1 lemon
* 100ml (4 fl oz) whipping cream
* 2 eggs, beaten
* Few drops vanilla essence
OVEN: Pre-heat to moderate (180°C, 350°F, Gas No. 4)
1. Place all base ingredients in a bowl. Rub in Stork until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Turn into a 23cm (9 inch) flan dish and press into the base.
2. Place in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
3. Mix all topping ingredients together and beat until smooth. Pour the topping over the base and smooth over.
4. Return to oven for about 40-45 mins, until risen and firm. Remove and cool.
5. Decorate as required, e.g. pipe rosettes of whipped cream around edge and decorate with whole hazelnuts, or decorate with fruit in season.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr 0 mins
1. Prepare base as above.
2. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
3. Pour filling over top. Microwave on LOW for 12 minutes. Cool.