* 6oz (175g) plain flour
* 3oz (75g) butter
* about 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water
For the filling:
* 12oz-1lb (350-450g) soft fruit in season, or poached fruit
* 3 tablespoons apricot jam or redcurrant jelly
* 1 tablespoon water
* whipped cream for serving
1. Measure the flour into a bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add sufficient water to mix to a firm dough. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line an 8in (20cm) ceramic flan dish. Prick the base well with a fork and chill in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. Line the flan with a piece of kitchen paper and cook in the microwave on full power for about 4 minutes.
2. Whilst the flan case is still hot, brush evenly with a little melted jam to seal the pastry. Leave to cool, then fill the cooled case with soft fruit (strawberries, blackberries and redcurrants) arranged in circles, or sliced poached fruit.
3. Melt the jam or jelly with the water in a small bowl on full power for 1 minute, stirring once, then brush over the fruit to glaze. Serve with whipped cream.
Power Level: Full
Cooking Time: About 5 Minutes