* 300 g (10 oz) mixed frozen summer fruits, e.g. raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, cherries, redcurrants
* 400 ml (14 fl oz) mild natural yoghurt
* 200 ml (7 fl oz) double (thickened) cream
* 75 g (3 oz) caster sugar plus 1 tbsp
1. Puree and sieve half the summer fruits. Stir the yoghurt if it is set yoghurt and lightly whisk the cream until it forms soft peaks. Mix together the yoghurt, cream, 75 g (3 02) of the caster sugar and the summer fruit puree. Freeze in an ice cream-making machine. When frozen, mix the remaining summer fruits with the remaining tablespoon of caster sugar and stir into the ice cream mixture.
2. Alternatively, spoon into a suitable container and put in the freezer. When half frozen, beat well until smooth, either with a hand-held electric whisk or in a food processor, to break down the ice crystals that form. Mix the rest of the fruit with the tablespoon of caster sugar and stir into the yoghurt ice cream. Return to the freezer and stir one or two more times during the freezing process to get a smooth ice cream.
Serves: 8 portions