* 1 large, ripe pineapple, cut into slices about 2 cm (3/4 inch) thick
* 175 g (6 oz) dark brown cane sugar
* 4 tablespoons white rum
* chilled double cream, to serve
1. Lay the pineapple slices on a large plate or tray. Mix together the brown sugar and the rum, and then brush the mixture over both sides of the pineapple slices. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Put the pineapple slices in a hinged grill and cook on the oiled grid of a preheated barbecue for 10 minutes, basting with the marinade and turning after 5 minutes. Serve the caramelized pineapple slices hot, accompanied by double cream.