* 454 g/1 lb thick lean rump or sirloin steaks (32 Sins on Green)
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 garlic clove, crushed
* 2 red Thai chillies, deseeded and chopped
* 1 small piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finery chopped
* juice of 2 fresh limes
* 4 spring onions, sliced diagonally
* 1 small lettuce, trimmed, washed and separated into leaves
* 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
* 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
* 1/2 cucumber, cut in thin strips
* few sprigs fresh coriander, chopped
* 1 level teaspoon toasted sesame seeds (1 1/2 Sins)
For the dressing:
* juice of 1 lime
* 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
* 1 small chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
* 1 level teaspoon liquid honey (1/2 Sin)
1. Trim away any fat from the steaks and place them in a dish. Mix the soy sauce with the garlic, chillies, ginger and lime juice, and pour over the steaks. Leave the steaks in a cool place to marinate tor at least 30 minutes (overnight, if wished).
2. Remove the steaks from the marinade and cook under a preheated hot grill or in a ridged cast iron grill pan, until cooked to your liking. Cut into thin slices and keep warm.
3. Put the spring onions, lettuce, ted pepper, red onion, cucumber and coriander in a large bowl. Add the hot steak slices. 4. Blend the dressing ingredients together and pour over the salad. Toss gently and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Sins per serving: 1/2 Sin on Original; 8 1/2 Sins on Green
Preparation time: 20 minutes, plus marinating time
Cooking time: 6-10 minutes
Tip: Use steak as a Healthy Extra and deduct 6 Sins per serving.