* 4 fish fillets, about 4 - 6 ounces each
* 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
* 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar, or to taste
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* a few drops sesame oil
* 1 green onion, washed and finely chopped
* 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, for garnish
* 1 large lemon, cut into wedges, for garnish
Prepare the wok for steaming. Rinse the fish fillets and pat dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, whisk the rice wine or sherry, sugar, salt and sesame oil.
Place the fish fillets on a deep, heat-proof plate that will fit inside the steamer basket. Pour the rice wine mixture over the fish. Sprinkle with the chopped green onion.
Cover and steam the fish over high heat until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork (10 - 15 minutes). Serve hot, garnished with the chopped cilantro and lemon wedges.
Nutritional Breakdown for Steamed Fish (based on 4 servings of 6 ounces fish each) Each serving contains: Calories 157, 3 g Carbohydrates, 31 g Protein, 2 g Total Fat, 73 mg Cholesterol, trace dietary Fibre, 232 mg Sodium, 774 mg Potassium.
Serves 3 - 4
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes