* 1/2 pound minced pork
* 10 - 12 pieces pickled lettuce
* 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
* black pepper, to taste
* 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
* 2 leaves Napa cabbage, optional
* 1 teaspoon Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
1. In a bowl, combine the chopped pickled lettuce with the minced pork. Add the light soy sauce, black pepper, and sesame oil.
2. Mince or chop the meat further to mix the pickled lettuce in with the pork. Mould the meat into a round "cake."
3. If using the Napa cabbage leaves, place on a heat-proof steaming plate. Add the meat cake and 2 to 3 teaspoons of water.
4. Steam the meat cake for 10 to 20 minutes until cooked through (total steaming time will depend on how thick the pork is).
5. Halfway through steaming, sprinkle the rice wine or dry sherry over the meat.
6. Serve immediately, with congee or rice.
This recipe is submitted by "Tigerfish" and reprinted with permission.
This steamed cake goes very nicely with congee or rice. Pickled lettuce, available in cans or jars in Chinese/Asian markets.