* 1lb (450g) Bramley apples, peeled, cored and sliced
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 tablespoon salt
* good 1/2 pint (300ml) pickling vinegar
* 8oz (225g) dark muscovado sugar or molasses sugar
* 2 fat cloves garlic, crushed
* 6oz (175g) sultanas
* 2 level tablespoons dry mustard
* 2 level tablespoons ground ginger
* 4 drops Tabasco sauce
1. Measure the apple, onion, salt, vinegar, sugar and garlic into a microproof bowl and mix well. Cook on full power for 15 minutes, stirring twice during cooking, until the mixture is thick and pulpy. Reduce to a puree in a processor or blender and return to the bowl. Stir in the sultanas.
2. Blend the mustard, ginger and Tabasco together with a little of the chutney mixture until smooth, then stir into the chutney and mix well. Cook on full power for 10 minutes, then allow to cool. Leave to stand overnight until the sultanas have absorbed the excess liquid, then spoon into clean dry jars. Cover and label.
Power Level: Full
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Makes: about 2lb (900g)