* 5lb (2.25kg) whole turkey
* 1/2 pint (300ml) cider
* 1 large onion, chopped
* freshly ground black pepper
For the sauce:
* 1 pint (600ml) milk
* 6 oz (175g) beurre manie
* 12oz (350g) button mushrooms, sliced
* chopped parsley fresh, to serve
1. Place the turkey in a microproof dish with the cider and onion and season well with pepper. Cover and cook on medium power for 50 minutes. Allow to stand for about an hour until cool enough to handle. To test if the turkey is done, pierce the thickest part of the thigh with a skewer. If the juices which run out are clear then the turkey is cooked; if tinged with pink, cook the turkey a little longer. Strait off the cooking liquid and skim off the fat.
2. Remove the meat from the turkey and cut into good-sized pieces. Heat the milk and cooking juices in a large microproof bowl on full power for about 5 minutes, then whisk in the beurre manie until the sauce is smooth and thickened. Add the mushrooms and seasoning to taste and stir in the turkey pieces. Turn into a serving dish.
3. To serve, cover with a lid or pierced clear film, and heat on full power for about 15 minutes. Stir twice during cooking. Serve sprinkled with lots of chopped fresh parsley.
Power Levels: Full and Medium
Cooking Time: 70 Minutes