* 1 tbsp vegetable oil
* 60 g (21/2 oz) peeled and chopped onion
* 120g (4 1/2 oz) chicken breast, cut into chunks
* 300 g (10 oz) butternut squash (pumpkin), peeled, de-seeded and chopped
* 300 ml (10 fl oz) unsalted chicken stock
* 1 small apple, peeled, cored and chopped
Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the onion until softened. Add the chicken breast and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the butternut squash, pour over the stock, cover and bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the apple and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the butternut squash is tender (about 10 minutes). Puree in a food processor to the desired consistency.
Serves: 6 portions