22 March 2012
Recipes with seafood are not only tasty but also dietary and healthy. Eating seafood at least 2-3 times a week helps us feel better, loose weight and get lots of needed nutrients. Many people stopped eating meat, they use seafood and vegetables instead. And they get all nutrients from such food. But for those who still eat meat and animal products seafood is also very valuable and necessary food. Use fish and shellfish in your meals and you'll observe great improvement of health.
But remember that some people have seafood allergy. If you're making a party always warn your guests that there are some seafood dishes.
Seafood has a lot of nutrients:
- fish – high-quality proteins, amino acids, fats like omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin A, vitamin D, iodine, selenium, phosphorus, potassium, iron, calcium etc;
- prawns – protein, iron, niacin, phosphorous, zinc, selenium, vitamin B12, omega 3 fatty acids etc;
- mussels – omega 3 fatty acids, lipoprotein and other high-quality proteins, vitamin B12 and B1, manganese, iron, selenium etc;
- crab meat – protein, selenium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, potassium, magnesium, essential fatty acids etc;
- scallops – vitamin B12, omega 3 fatty acids, magnesium, potassium etc;
- oysters – vitamin A, thiamine, niacin, riboflavin, vitamin C, vitamin D, iron, magnesium, calcium, zinc etc;
- clams – chromium, B vitamins, iron, vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, zinc, copper etc.
Top-10 most piquant and delicious seafood recipes
- Milk soup with seafood – if you think that milk and seafood are incompatible try this recipe.
- Pasta shells with salmon and caviare – very easy and refined recipe. It is good both for parties and family dinners.
- Devilled crab – a dish for those who like crabmeat. Enough spices and flavour.
- Smoked fish lasagna – not very ordinary recipe for lasagna, but rather delicious.
- Barbecued Scallops – if you want to make a nice surprise for your family or friends, cook barbecued scallops.
- Spicy Cod Steaks in Foil – very delicious and healthy recipe. If you're on diet or if you are vegetarian, try it.
- Mixed seafood pizza – have you ever tried pizza with mussels? No? Then go for it.
- Smoked Haddock Mousse – marvelous mousse recipe for microwave.
- Herring appetizers in mustard cream – toasts with herring and vegetables mix.
- Grilled Langoustine Recipe – very special barbeque recipe for those who like to surprise.