Stir-fried mushrooms and noodles
- Ready in: 12 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- kcal: 12 Sins on Original; 1 Sin on Green
- 227 g/8 oz dried egg noodles (44 Sins on Original) 1 teaspoon oil (2 Sins)
- 1 bunch spring onions, diagonally chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 x 2.5 cm/1 in piece fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 113 g/4 oz button mushrooms, quartered
- 170 g/6 oz bean shoots
- 2 level tablespoons oyster sauce (1 Sin)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oil (2 Sins)
1. Cook the egg noodles in a large pan of boiling lightly salted water for about 5 minutes, until they are just tender but not mushy. Drain in a colander and refresh under cold water.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or a deep frying pan and, when hot, add the spring onions, garlic, ginger and green pepper. Stir-fry over a high neat for 2 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms and continue stir-frying for 1 minute before adding the drained noodles and bean shoots. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
4. Stir in the oyster and soy sauces and continue tossing and stirring the mixture for 2 minutes until it is really hot and the bean shoots are cooked but still slightly firm.