Mushroom stuffing for fish fillets
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- 25 g (1 oz) butter
- 125 g (4 oz) large open mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 75 g (3 oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and cook the mushrooms and onion for 3-4 minutes. Add the fresh breadcrumbs, lemon juice, chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well and bind the mixture together with the egg yolks.
2. Use the stuffing for fish fillets or as an accompaniment to gammon.