Grilled scallop and bacon kebabs
- Ready in: 6-8 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: medium
- kcal: 1/2 Sin on Original; 9 1/2 Sins on Green
- 4 rashers lean back bacon, fat removed (8 Sins on Green)
- 8 x 57 g/2 oz scallops natural (28 Sins on Green)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- For the mustard dip:
- 100 g / 3 1/2 oz very low fat fromage frais
- 2 level teaspoons whole-grain Dijon mustard (1 Sin)
1. Stretch out the bacon rashers until they are elongated and thin by holding one end and using the blade of a knife to stretch the rasher away from you. Cut each rasher in half.
2. Wrap each rasher around a scallop, and then thread 2 scallops on to each kebab skewer. Cook under a hot preheated grill for 6-8 minutes, turning once, until the bacon is crisp and golden, and the scallops are cooked and tender.
3. Meanwhile, mix the fromage frais with the mustard, blending well Serve the scallops, sprinkled with parsley, on a bed of steamed fresh vegetables, with the mustard dip.
Tip: Use scallops as a Healthy Extra and deduct 6 Sins per serving.