Perfectly cooked pasta
* 340 g/12 oz dried pasta, e.g. spaghetti, fettuccine or tagliateife (60 Sins on Original)
1. Fill a large saucepan with water and add 1 teaspoon salt to every 1 litre / 1 3/4 pints water. Bring to a rolling boil.
2. Add the pasta to the boiling water, stirring with a spoon to separate the pasta and prevent it sticking together.
3. Bring back to the boil and continue boiling, uncovered, until the pasta is cooked but retains a little texture — to the 'bite', or al dente as the Italians say.
4. Drain the pasta in a large colander, season with a little freshly ground black pepper or some chopped parsley if wished, and then toss with the sauce of your choice.
Sins per serving: 15 Sins on Original; FREE on Green Cooking time: 5-12 minutes (see Instructions on packaging)
Tip: Use wholemeal pasta as a Healthy Extra and deduct 6 Sins per serving.