Light vegetable soup
* 940 ml (30 fl oz / 3 3/4 cups) vegetable stock, made from vegetable trimmings or stock cube
* 2 carrots, peeled
* 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced
* 90 g (3 oz) button mushrooms, thinly sliced
* 60 g (2 oz / 3/4 cup) frozen peas
* 30 g (1 oz/2 tablespoons) small pasta shells
* salt and pepper
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Pu t stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. With the pointed end of a potato peeler, cut grooves down carrots. Cut into thin slices. Add to stock with celery, mushrooms, peas and pasta.
3. Bring to the boil, then cover pan and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until pasta and vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the soup into indi¬vidual bowls and sprinkle the chopped parsley over the top of each portion.