Pasta with tuna and butter bean sauce
- Ready in: 40 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: medium
- kcal: 20 1/2 Sins on Original; 3 Sins on Green
- 340 g/12 oz dried pasta (60 Sins on Original)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or herbs of your choice (21 Sins on Original)
- For the tuna sauce:
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 284 ml / 1/2 pint chicken stock made with Bovril
- 1 x 397g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 397g/14oz can butter beans or haricot beans, drained
- 227 g/8 oz canned tuna in brine, drained (12 Sins on Green)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. To make the sauce, put the onion, garlic and chicken stock in a large pan, then cover and bring to the boil. Boil for 5-10 minutes, then uncover the pan and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the onion is tender and syrupy.
2. Add the tomatoes, beans and tuna and cook gently for about 5 minutes, until the tomatoes are slightly pulpy and the sauce is hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in plenty of boiling lightly salted water, according to the packet instructions until it is just tender. Drain well and then toss with the tuna sauce. Serve sprinkled with chopped herbs.
Tip: Use wholemeal pasta as a Healthy Extra and deduct 6 Sins per serving.