Minced Lamb Rolls
- Ready in: 40 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: medium
- 250 g (8 oz) lean minced lamb
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped unsalted peanuts
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- soya or sunflower oil, for brushing
- poppy seeds, for sprinkling
- salt and pepper
Place the minced lamb in a pan and dry-fry, stirring all the time, until lightly coloured. Drain off any fat. Stir in the onion and cook for 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes, coriander and seasoning. Simmer for 5 minutes until any liquid has evaporated. Stir in the nuts.
Lay 1 sheet of the filo pastry on a wогк surface. Brush lightly with oil and lay a second sheet on top. Place about onе-quarter of the meat mixture down one short side of the pastry and roll up like a Swiss roll.
Place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling to make 4 rolls in total. Brush lightly with oil and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
Bake the rolls in a preheated oven, 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6, for 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown and crisp. Serve hot.