Tiger prawns with mushrooms
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: medium
- 20 raw tiger prawns
- 1 tablespoon seasoned flour
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 25 g (1 oz) butter
- 2 shallots or 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 250 g (8 oz) closed cup mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Wash the prawns and peel carefully, leaving the tails intact. Pat the prawns dry with kitchen paper and toss in the seasoned flour.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan, add the shallots or onion and cook gently for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the prawns and mushrooms and cook gently for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the lemon juice and the parsley, if using. Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve with crusty bread to mop up the juices.