Brussels sprouts in rosemary marinade _ menus for two
PREPARATION TIME: 5 - 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: about 9 minutes
MICROWAVE SETTING: Maximum (Full)
8 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons fresh lemon
2 teaspoons rosemary
1/4 teaspoon salt
pinch of freshly ground
1/2 small onion, cut into 4
350 g (12 oz) fresh sprouts
or 225 g (8 oz) frozen
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon flour
sprig of rosemary, to
1.To prepare the marinade, combine the 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, cook for 2 minutes or until boiling, then cover and leave until cool. Strain into another bowl and reserve.
2. Wash and trim the fresh sprouts. The frozen sprouts need no extra attention. Place the sprouts in a dish, add the strained marinade, cover with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent and cook for 6-7 minutes.
3. Carefully remove the cling film and take out the sprouts with a slotted spoon. Keep warm.
4. Cook the marinade uncovered for 30 seconds or until the mixture is boiling.
5. Blend the butter and flourtogetherto a paste, then whisk into the boiling marinade in small portions. When the mixture is smooth, cook for 20-30 seconds, then stir vigorously.
6. Add the sprouts to the thickened sauce, toss and serve hot, garnished with rosemary.