Char-grilled chicken breasts
- Ready in: 16 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: medium
- kcal: FREE on Original; 6 Sins on Green
- 4x113 g/4 oz chicken breasts, boned and skinned (24 Sins on Green)
- snipped chives, to garnish
- For the Italian tomato sauce:
- Fry Light, for spraying
- 454 g/1 lb ripe tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- a few basil leaves, shredded
1. Heat a ridged cast iron grill pan until it is really hot. Press the chicken breasts down on to the grill pan with a spatula and cook for 1 minute to obtain an attractive striped effect.
2. Turn the chicken over and repeat on the other side, then reduce the heat and leave until cooked through, turning the chicken after about 5-8 minutes. Do not overcook — the chicken should be juicy and succulent inside, not dry. If you do not have a grill pan, you can cook the chicken under an overhead grill instead, or grill over hot coals on a preheated barbecue.
3. Meanwhile, spray a small pan with Fry Light and heat gently. Add the tomatoes and garlic and simmer over medium heat until the tomatoes thicken and reduce down. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then add the balsamic vinegar and let the sauce bubble for 2 minutes. Add the basil leaves.
4. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with some snipped chives and serve with the tomato sauce.
Tip: Use chicken as a Healthy Extra and deduct 6 Sins per serving.