Eggs Florentine salad
- Ready in: 25-40 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- kcal: Negligible on Original and Green
- 227 g/8 oz mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 284 ml / 1/2 pint vegetable stock (1/2 Sin)
- 4 eggs
- 340 g/12 oz fresh baby spinach leaves
- 57 ml/2 fl oz fat free vinaigrette dressing
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
1. Put the mushrooms and stock in a saucepan, then cover and bring to the boil. Boil for 5—10 minutes, then uncover the pan and simmer gently for 20-30 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender and golden brown.
2. While the mushrooms are cooking, poach the eggs. You can use an egg poacher if you have one. Alternatively, bring some water to the boil in a pan, then turn down the heat and gently break the eggs into the hot water. Cover the pan and leave to simmer over the lowest possible heat for about 3-4 minutes.
3. Wash the spinach and arrange on 4 serving plates topped with the mushrooms. Sprinkle with the vinaigrette dressing and top with a warm poached egg. Grind some salt and pepper over the top and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.