Thai chicken curry with noodles
- Ready in: 18 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: medium
- kcal: 7 1/2 Sins on Original; 8 Sins on Green
- 1 teaspoon oil (2 Sins)
- 284 ml / 1/2 pint chicken stock made with Bovril
- 1 bunch spring onions, diagonally sliced
- 57 ml/2 fl oz canned coconut
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- milk (5 Sins)
- 1 x 2.5-cm/1-in piece fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 113 g/4 02 dried egg noodles (22 Sins on Original)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 454 g/1 lb boned, skinned chicken breasts, sliced (24 Sins on Green)
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 1 level teaspoon Thai hot curry paste (1 Sin)
1. Heat the oil in a wok or deep frying pan and add the spring onions, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry over high heat for 1 minute.
2. Add the chicken and curry paste and stir-fry over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes until the chicken is browned on both sides.
3. Pour in the stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Add the noodles, then reduce the heat, cover the wok or pan and simmer gently for 10 minutes, until the noodles are cooked but not mushy.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper and scatter the chicken curry with chopped coriander leaves.
Tip: Use chicken as a Healthy Extra and deduct 6 Sins per serving.