- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- 2 dried Chinese mushrooms, or 50 g (2 oz) fresh oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 25 g (1 oz) cooked peeled prawns, finely chopped
- 25 g (1 oz) cooked ham, finely chopped
- 25 g (1 oz) bamboo shoots, finely chopped
- 2-3 water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 3 tablesppons sunflower oil
- fresh coriander sprigs, to garnish
1. If using the dried mushrooms, soak in warm water for about 20 minutes, then squeeze dry, discard the hard stalks and finely chop.
2. Mix together the mushrooms, prawns, ham, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts with the beaten eggs. Add the cornflour, water, salt and sherry to the egg mixture and stir.
3. Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan until smoking, then pour in the egg mixture and scramble with a fork until the mixture sets. Serve hot, garnished with coriander.