Lemon jelly cups _ menus for two
PREPARATION TIME: about 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: about 30 seconds, plus setting
MICROWAVE SETTING: Maximum (Full)
3 tablespoons evaporated
2 well- shaped large
lemons, washed and dried
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon powdered
2-3 drops yellow food
sugar, to taste
angelica, to garnish
1. Put the milk into a 1.2 litre (2 pint) bowl and chill for 30 minutes.
2. Stand the lemons on the work surface and turn them to a position where they will sit firmly. Slice off a lid from the top of each. Scoop out the pulp and strain. Retain the lid, shells and juice.
3. Put the water in a small jug and heat for 20 seconds. Sprinkle the gelatine over the water, stir, then heat for 10 seconds or until the water is very hot. Remove the jug from the cooker and stir until fully dissolved.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of the reserved lemon juice, the yellow food colouring and sweeten to taste. Leave until cool but not set.
5. Using an electric beater, whisk the evaporated milk until frothy and mousse-like. Continue beating while pouring on the cooled gelatine in a thin stream from a height. Whisk continuously until the mixture is even.
6. Pour the mousse into the reserved lemon shells and place the lids on top. Decorate with pieces of angelica. If the lids do not fit closely, cover the top half of the lemons with cling film. Chill until set.