Tunisian chicken liver kebabs
- Ready in: 4-5 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: medium
- kcal: FREE on Original; 6 1/2 Sins on Green
- 567 g/1 lb 4 oz chicken livers (25 Sins on Green)
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into small chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into small chunks
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves (optional)
- lemon wedges, to serve
- For the spice mixture:
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- good pinch of salt
1. Rinse the chicken livers under a cold running tap and then pat dry with some kitchen paper. Remove any greenish looking bits.
2. Mix all the spice powder ingredients together in a bowl and add the chicken livers, spooning the spice powder over the top until they are well coated.
3. Thread the chicken livers, peppers and bay leaves on to 4 skewers and cook under a preheated hot grill for 4-5 minutes, turning once. If preferred, you can grill them over hot coals on a barbecue.
4. Serve the kebabs sprinkled with parsley and coriander (if using) with some lemon wedges.
Tip: Use chicken livers as a Healthy Extra and deduct 6 Sins per serving.