- Ready in: 60 minutes
- Complexity: medium
- 1 1/2 cups soup stock
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 or 4 cups cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper (optional)
1. Chop the onion coarsely. Melt the margarine in a large saucepan. Saute onion in melted margarine, add salt, pepper, and red pepper (optional). Cook until the onion is dark brown but not burned, on low to medium flame. Stir frequently and keep covered.
2. Add the cooked pumpkin and stir in the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for at least 45 minutes, covered, on low to medium flame.