Fast soup «Minestrone»
- Ready in: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: medium
- kcal: 265 kcal
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 100 g of brisket or bacon (cut into bricks)
- 1 tin (400 g) of preserved peeled tomatoes cut in pieces (flavored with basil preferably)
- 5 glasses (1,2 L) of vegetable bouillon
- 1 pack (225 g) of frozen vegetable mix
- handful (50 g) of macaroni (break long ones)
- 100 g of frozen kidney beans in pods
- 1 tin (410 g) of red kidney beans (pour out juice)
- 1 tablespoon of Pesto flavouring
- Coarse grinded black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat olive oil in saucepan or casserole, add brisket or bacon and fry for 2-3 minutes until appearance of goldfish crust.
2. Add tomatoes, bouillon and vegetable mix (do not defrost), heat up to boiling point and add macaroni. Cease fire and boil for 5 minutes.
3. Add red kidney beans and kidney pans and boil for 5 minutes more until vegetables get tender.
4. Flavor with pepper, and mix Pesto with ready soup. Strew with grated Parmesan.
Note: Vegetarian variant: do not put brisket or bacon into soup.
Tip: You can substitute red kidney beans for potatoes.
Making Pesto sauce*
Per 170 ml:
25 g of grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon of cedar nuts1 clove of garlic
1 bunch of basil
Salt, black grinded pepper
70 ml of olive oil
Grind 50 g of grated Parmesan, 2 tablespoons of cedar nuts, 2 cloves of garlic, bunch of basil, salt and black pepper in food processor or mortar until you get homogeneous paste. Slowly, pour in 150 g of olive oil and stir. You can dress pasta, fish, meet, vegetables or toasts with the rest of sauce remained after making soup.
*You can buy ready green Pesto sauce at food store.