Mexican prawn kebabs with coriander
- Ready in: 15 minutes, plus marinating time
- Serves: 12
- Complexity: medium
- kcal: FREE on Original; 1 Sin on Green
- 24 raw king prawns (12 Sins on Green)
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
1. Peel the prawns, leaving the shells on the tails only. With a very sharp knife, carefully remove the thin black vein running along the back of each prawn.
2. Mix the lime or lemon juice with the garlic and seasoning and add the chilli, if using. Stir in the peeled prawns and leave in a cool place to marinate for 15 minutes.
3. Remove the prawns from the marinade and thread 2 prawns each on to 12 thin bamboo skewers. Place in a foil-lined grill pan and cook under a preheated hot grill for about 5 minutes, turning and basting occasionally, until the prawns turn bright pink all over. Do not overcook them. Alternatively, they can be cooked on a barbecue.
4. Arrange the prawns kebabs on a serving plate and serve hot, scattered with chopped coriander.