Basic white coating sauce
* 25g (1 oz) Stork margarine
* 25g (1 oz) plain flour
* Salt and pepper
* 275ml (1/2 pint) milk (or milk and water, vegetable, fish or bone stock)
1. Place ingredients together in a medium-sized saucepan.
2. Stirring continuously over a moderate heat bring to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened, smooth and glossy.
1. Melt Stork in a saucepan over a moderate heat.
2. Remove from heat, stir in flour, return to heat and cook very slowly for 1-2 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk or stock.
4. Return to heat and, stirring continuously, bring to the boil and cook over a low heat for 2-3 minutes.
5. Season to taste.
1. Place the Stork in a microwave-proof measuring jug or bowl and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds or until melted.
2. Stir in the flour and gradually blend in the milk.
3. Cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 minutes, stirring every minute, until thick and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.